Over the past 10 years Star Stable Entertainment has grown to become a multi-channel entertainment company; the home of the 1# fastest-growing horse adventure in the world - Star Stable Online, an independent record label, short-form animations, book series, comics and mobile apps. We have over 21 million registered users across our games and apps, that are supported in 14 languages across 180 countries and we are on an adventure where we continue to scale our unique impact in the world with several new games and product lines in development across desktop/mobile.
Do you have a passion for data? An irresistible urge to collect, gather, store and harness its power, turning it into information that can be understood and acted on across the business? Then Star Stable needs you! We are now on the lookout for a Data Engineer who will have the passion to build, manage & develop the next generation data environment to support Star Stable Entertainments vision as a multi-product and data-informed business. If you are a light-hearted, structured and passionate data nerd that knows the ins and outs of what works in today’s cloud data platforms, look no further!
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain the underlying data structure and pipelines to support the AAI team and the organisation.
-Make sure that the data is current, accurate and structured. -Handle, manage & structure data based on business needs.
- Participate in building our next generation Data Warehouse using analytical data modelling theories from DataVault2.0, Inmon & Kimball
- Work with stakeholders such as Product, Tech and Marketing and assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Be the link between the analysts and tech from a deep data perspective.
- Work with Ops to keep our data secure across national boundaries through multiple data centres and AWS regions.
- Taking compliance into consideration.Manage ad-hoc tasks as well as recurring tasks to maintain and develop our analytics environment.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading off data from a variety of data sources, using for example SQL and GCP/AWS.
- Develop new data flows and storages based on business needs.
- Build automated data pipelines and infrastructure that requires no or minimal manual intervention.
We believe that you:
- Have been a part of a similar journey before and have a vision for how to build Star Stable Entertainments future analytics data infrastructure, analytical data model and pipeline.
-May be you have been a “Business Intelligence Data Warehouse consultant, employee or similar” in your past, and have built or participated in building or maintaining analytical data models.
- Have experience with GCP (BigQuery) and/or AWS data infrastructure/tools.
- Have a solid foundation in SQL and Python (Pandas+PySpark).
- Have a great knowledge of ETL/ELT tools such as Airflow and dbt, which is a merit.
- Values input from others and understands that collaboration is what creates magic for our users.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders.
- Are located in Sweden.
- Ability to take ownership with a proactive mindset.
- Are curious about new technologies and ways of working.
- Have a good sense of humour and enjoy working in a friendly and open-minded team with a positive attitude, which values every member and is built for a long lasting perspective.
- Prefer test driven development.
- Like agile methodologies, like Scrum and DevOps.
What can we offer you?
- A growing journey where you will have a lot of freedom in exploring new technology and ways of working as we expand into new product lines.
- You will be a driver in the shift into new ways of working in regard to data for the overall business.
- A team that experiments and learns. If you like sharing ideas and learnings with colleagues both within- and outside of your field, this is the role for you.
- A pretty sweet mission. We want to build quality games for girls and we take that vision very seriously.
- We strive to hit that mark every single day.We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- We’re more than 50% female-identifying! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 30 Vacation Days.ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%.
- 5,000 SEK per year Health allowance.
- Hybrid working model, which allows you to combine the best of “working from home”, and being together with the team at our cozy office, which has the best ever location for everyday commuters (be it T-bana, pendeltåg, train or a bike). Yes, we have a locked bike room with shower facilities!
Eager to revolutionise Star Stable Entertainment into a world-class data-driven organisation? Reach out and apply! We would love to hear from you!