About Star Stable Entertainment
Star Stable Entertainment was founded in 2011, sparked by a desire for a game that could make a difference. Although half of gamers are girls and women, they were under-represented in the gaming industry, both as characters and creators. We dreamed of an epic online world where tween and teen girls could share an amazing experience. And we wanted to challenge how things were done in a male-dominated industry.
The result was Star Stable Online, which has gone on to become the world’s number one horse game with over 21 million registered users across 180 countries. We’re thrilled to welcome fun-loving players to the island of Jorvik, with its breathtaking scenery, beautiful horses, and magical quests. And we’re proud to see each player's special bond with their four-legged friends and the passionate community of Star Stable players.
As of 2022, our company has 200+ employees with a female to male ratio of 54/46, unheard of in the gaming industry. Our world has expanded into the Star Stable Universe and includes books, music, animated series, and mobile apps. And we continue to champion diverse characters and narratives, encouraging our audience to be their true selves. It’s wonderful to see our dream resonate with so many players around the world, and we can’t wait to share more stories and experiences with them!
Do you have a passion for data? An irresistible urge to collect, gather, store and harness its power, turning it into information that can be understood and acted on across the business? Then Star Stable needs you! We are now on the lookout for an Analytics Engineer who will have the passion to design, build, manage & develop our next generation data platform to support Star Stable Entertainment’s vision as a data-informed business. If you are a light-hearted, structured and passionate data nerd who knows the ins and outs of what works in today’s cloud data platforms, look no further!
What will you be doing?
Have been a part of building new analytics data platforms before and have a vision for how to build Star Stable Entertainment’s future analytics data infrastructure, data warehouse and data pipelines.
Have strong data modelling skills, specifically DataVault2 (Inmon & Kimball are a plus).
Have experience with cloud technologies, perhaps GCP, AWS or Azure.
Have 3+ years of work experience in a similar role.
Have a solid foundation in SQL and potentially Python for data pipelines (ex. Pandas, PySpark).
Have prior experience in tools such as Airflow, Git (and dbt is a merit).
Prefer test driven development.
Are fond of agile methodologies.
Are able to plan and prioritise your everyday work towards the team defined goals and objectives. Moreover you like to actively participate in deciding the strategic goals as part of the team.
Value input from others and understand that collaboration is what creates magic for us and our users.
Are an excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders.
Able to take ownership with a proactive mindset.
Love new technologies and ways of working and like to share your knowledge with the team.
Have a good sense of humour and enjoy working prestigeless in a friendly and open-minded team with a positive attitude, which values every member and is built for a long lasting perspective.
We believe that you
- Play a key role in building our next generation Data Warehouse using analytical data modelling theories from DataVault2.0, Inmon & Kimball
- Develop and maintain the underlying data structure and ETL pipelines to support the analysts and the organisation.
- Make sure that the data is current, accurate and structured.
- Handle, manage & structure data based on business needs.
- Work with stakeholders such as Product, Tech and Marketing and assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Be the link between the analysts and tech from a deep data perspective.
- Work with the Operations team to keep our data secure across national boundaries through multiple data centres and regions.
- Manage ad-hoc tasks as well as recurring tasks to maintain and develop our analytics environment.
- Build the solution required for optimal extraction, transformation and load of data from a variety of data sources, and build a cloud infrastructure, using SQL/dbt and GCP/AWS and IaC (Terraform).
- Aim for automated data solutions.
Interested? This is what we can offer you
A growing journey where you will have a lot of freedom in exploring new technology and ways of working as we expand into new product lines. You can be a driver in the shift into new ways of working in regard to data for the overall business. A tight team that experiments and learns. If you like sharing ideas and learnings with colleagues both within- and outside of your field, this is the role for you.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- We’re more than 50% female-identifying! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- We’re known to throw good parties from time to time.
- We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- 30 Vacation Days.
- ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%
At Star Stable Entertainment, you will be a part of diverse culture with a no-crunch policy, a prioritised work-life balance, and a workforce eager to test and try new things! We are on an adventure to scale our unique impact in the world with new franchises across desktop/mobile, a long-form animation, and a licensing program all currently in development.
If you are excited about making a difference and being part of an exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!