About Star Stable Entertainment
Star Stable Entertainment was founded in 2011, sparked by a desire for a game that could make a difference. Although half of gamers are girls and women, they were under-represented in the gaming industry, both as characters and creators. We dreamed of an epic online world where tween and teen girls could share an amazing experience. And we wanted to challenge how things were done in a male-dominated industry.
The result was Star Stable Online, which has gone on to become the world’s number one horse game with over 21 million registered users across 180 countries. We’re thrilled to welcome fun-loving players to the island of Jorvik, with its breathtaking scenery, beautiful horses, and magical quests. And we’re proud to see each player's special bond with their four-legged friends and the passionate community of Star Stable players.
As of 2022, our company has 200+ employees with a female to male ratio of 54/46, unheard of in the gaming industry. Our world has expanded into the Star Stable Universe and includes books, music, animated series, and mobile apps. And we continue to champion diverse characters and narratives, encouraging our audience to be their true selves. It’s wonderful to see our dream resonate with so many players around the world, and we can’t wait to share more stories and experiences with them!
We’re looking for a Content Designer to work with our beloved Star Stable Online. Join our talented, multidisciplinary team to conceptualise and implement memorable experiences for our players in the magical world of Jorvik.
You’re responsible for...
Forming and presenting ideas in a shape that resonates with players and the team.
- You build and edit content and scripts such as gameplay, quests, races, and items within our existing framework.
- You identify opportunities and find solutions to help offer our players the best possible experience.
- Balance, test, bug-fix and otherwise maintain the content you work with.
- Collaborate with other disciplines when designing content, such as writers and artists.
- You collect feedback from peers, players and stakeholders, and you iterate on designs and balancing based on these insights.
- You document your work and share learnings with your peers.
To thrive in this role, we believe that ...
- You have significant experience with industry tools and game engines.
- You understand what it means to work on a live product and will find ways to improve the game incrementally with careful brush strokes.
- You’re user-focused, curious and solutions-oriented.
- You have experience as a Writer, Content Creator or Game Master, or equivalent experience in entertaining people, and a positive, self-driven mindset.
- You have the ability to clearly articulate your thoughts and get buy-in from stakeholders and other team members.
- You’re fluent in one or more text-based scripting or programming languages.
- You know how to test and debug your own creations, and you are used to being responsible for the quality of what you deliver.
- You are used to a game release process, and are responsible for the play experience and scripting quality of the features that are delivered.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
Interested? This is what we can offer you:
- Flexible working opportunities.
- We’re more than 50% female-identifying! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- We’re known to throw good parties from time to time.
- We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- 30 Vacation Days.
- ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%
At Star Stable Entertainment, you will be a part of diverse culture with a no-crunch policy, a prioritised work-life balance, and a workforce eager to test and try new things! We are on an adventure to scale our unique impact in the world with new franchises across desktop/mobile, a long-form animation, and a licensing program all currently in development.
If you are excited about making a difference and being part of an exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!